Privacy is important. Thats why we want to make clear to you what is happening on ProSettings.net (Spoilers: Not much.)
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
ProSettings.net is participating in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
In plain English this means we earn a small commission on items sold through our site. There is no additional cost to you on any of these items.
We are also shortening and internationalising the affiliate links with Geniuslink an Amazon approved link shortening service.
Like many other websites, prosettings.net uses log files to help learn about when, from where and how often traffic flows to this site. The information in the log files include:
- Internet Protocol addresses (IP)
- Types of browser
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date and time stamp
- Referring and exit pages
- Number of clicks
All of this information is not linked to anything that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and web beacons
Like nearly all websites, prosettings.net stores “convenience” cookies on your computer whenever you leave a comment. These cookies record the name, and email address that you enter when you submit a comment so that you wont have to re-type that information the next time you leave a comment.
Third-party advertisers may also place and read cookies on your browser and/or use web beacons to collect information. prosettings.net has no access or control over these cookies. You should review the respective privacy policies on any and all third-party ad servers for more information regarding their practices and how to opt-out.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your web browser options.
Instructions for doing so and for other cookie-related management can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites.
Google Site Stats
To measure performance, Google uses small strings of text (known as cookies) that are placed on your computer when you click on ads. Cookies typically remain active on your computer for about 30 days. If you visit certain pages of the advertiser’s website during that period, Google and the advertiser will be able to tell that you saw the ad delivered by Google. You can read more about Google Site Stats here.
prosettings.net is participating in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
In plain english this means we earn a small commission on items sold through our site. There is no additional cost to you on any of these items.
We are also shortening and internationalising the affiliate links with Geniuslink.
Images and assets
Team logos and player portraits used under Fair Use from Wikimedia, HLTV, ESL etc.
Product samples for reviews
Companies may send products or samples to our editors in order for our staff to review such samples and determine whether we will provide a review of the product on ProSettings.
Please note that companies may provide these samples before the product is commercially available, in which case, we may agree to an NDA with the company or its PR firm. This means we agree not to publish the review or associated news until a given time.
Occasionally, we decide to review something which has not been provided to us by a company. In this case, an editor will purchase the product for themselves (we buy a lot of stuff).
All guides, reviews and other editorial material on the site are based on the opinions and research of our editors.
We make every effort for our content to be completely accurate upon publication. Inaccurate content will be corrected. We are doing our best but we are also human and make mistakes sometimes.
Your california privacy rights
ProSettings.net welcomes residents of the State of California to use its Website, and complies with the California Business and Professions Code §§ 22575-22579. If you are a California resident you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please send a written request to Wloka Digital GmbH, Inc., Im Boecken 43, 45721, Haltern am See, Germany. For additional information about your consumer rights under CCPA, please read below.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT.
Effective date: January 20, 2020
Last Reviewed on: January 20, 2020
1. Categories of Information We Collect.
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
(1). Identifiers, such as: names, e-mail addresses, Internet Protocol addresses, or other similar identifiers.
(2) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as: a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
(3) Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
(4) commercial information obtained, purchased or considered, such as records of personal property, records of products or services purchased or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies
(5) Biometric information
(6) Activity information relating to internet or other electronic networks such as browsing or searching history, or interaction with a website, ad or app
(7) Geolocation information
(8) Audio, visual, thermal, electronic, olfactory or other similar information
(9) Information related to employment or other professional standings
(10) Information related to education
(11) Any inferences drawn using any of the above information in order to profile a consumer and reflect the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Publicly available information from government records.
De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope and covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including but not limited to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
3. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website.
Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
From social media websites that you use to log in or subscribe
4. Use of Personal Information.
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For exampe, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
5. Sharing Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Payment processors (e.g. Paypal, Stripe) for the purposes of facilitating a payment.
Google Analytics for website metrics.
Amazon Web Services. Our website is hosted on AWS, but we don’t explicitly share any information with AWS.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, ProSettings.net has not explicitly disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months - we have not sold personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
6. Your Rights and Choices.
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
(1) Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
The categories of personal information we collected about you.
The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (i) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (ii) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
(2) Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.iously provided informed consent.
Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
Comply with a legal obligation.
Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
(3) Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, you need to submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message to our customer service to email@example.com. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
(4) Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
7. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following link our webpage:
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
Deny you goods or services.
Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent-choices at any time by clicking here.